Monday, March 14, 2011

Hello from Oskemen

I have officially landed in Kazakhstan!

I decided to set up this blog to tell you what far north Kazakhstan was like from an Australian perspective.

I have just left a hot drawn-out summer and arrived in a long drawn-out winter. I have never experienced temperatures like this before. It was -17 degrees yesterday!

I am trying to learn to speak Russian (at least enough to be able to buy food at the supermarket) and will give you my word of the day, each day.

So, on this blog you will learn what Kazakhstan is really like, how a life-long vegetarian/ashtanga practioner survives and a Russian word each day.

Enjoy :)

PS word for today is zhinh-na (wife)



1 comment:

  1. Fantastic photos. Must have snowed just after we talked. Biscuit looks fancy pants!!

    ReplyDelete