Tuesday, March 15, 2011

our ashtanga space ...

I enjoyed a full practice yesterday. The view outside the window is amazing. Just above the apartment buildings, you can see snow covered hills. It really helped my focus in Utthita Hasta Padangustasana.

As part of my regular practice, I also did my first Vrkasana (handstand) in Kazakhstan. I felt a little nervous on my first attempt. As I kicked up, I actually managed to hold the pose, unassisted by the wall for about 3 seconds!!! That has never happened before. I definitely felt like celebrating that small victory.

Staying on the subject of yoga, I have been invited to try out the local yoga class on Thursday night. I will let you know how it goes. It was described as an aerobic-fitness yoga class. I am being collected and taken to the class ... I always enjoy trying a new style. It is great to test your confidence and knowledge in your own practice. I will always practice ashtanga, but I love trying a style that other people find so much joy in as well.

Along with the Russian word of the day, I will also have the asana of the day. Today is: Utthita Hasta Padangustasana.

Lila xx

No comments:

Post a Comment