Thursday, March 17, 2011

lomo fun time

I popped outside today to get a latte from up the road at Cafeeiro. They also have free wifi :)

I was playing with my lomo app on my iPhone and took some pictures inside. They have a beautiful mural on the wall of a butterfly and winter tree.

It was pretty cold and slippery outside. Walking to the cafe was like skating on ice. I was carrying my laptop and camera, and walking slowly with fingers crossed that I wouldn't slip over!

When I went in to the cafe I said in my best Russian - "Strasviche - Kof-fe?" And then the waitress said "English?". Blast! My accent is obviously atrocious!

I did manage to order lunch, two coffees and a cinnamon croissant :)

After drinking the two coffees, however, on my walk home I realised I was busting! It was a slow, painful walk home - making sure not to slip over, but busting to go!

When I got home, the cleaner was in the apartment. I said hello and then to make conversation I said "auchin holodno". Thank you word of the day. She said "da! Holodno". And then she asked "Af-stra-li?" And I said "da". These conversations may seem very simple, but it doesn't mean they aren't totally exciting!!!!! It is great trying to chat in Russian. They only problem is when the native Russian speaker starts getting excited and rambles away in Russian ... they are quickly met by "ya ni pu-ni-mayo Paruski". I don't understand Russian!


Here is my delicious Kof-fe Latte :) It came in quite a large mug. It was delicious!!!


Here is a quick snap I took of our window view using my lomo app.

I am going to an Oskemen yoga class tonight! I am excited and nervous. I'm not sure what to expect. I'll let you know how I go.

Lila
xx

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wow! Thank you so much Lila for sharing your days with us! Amazing photos! :)

    ReplyDelete